Saturday, March 14, 2009

More 'Missing Moments'

After much deliberation and talking to my daughters we made the decision to report my son Scott missing. Well it took me two weeks to work up the nerve to go to the local police station only to be told that I had to go to Phoenix to report him missing. Well I didn't get the chance to do that, got called out of town and then finally back home, last night we got a call from Scott.

He is in Santa Cruz, CA. He says, he is withdrawing from heroin and needs help, feels like he is dying, hasn't slept, hasn't showered and needs help. I asked him several times what he was asking me to do....not really much of an answer except that he felt like he was dying. He also says that he has a girlfriend and is about to be a parent of twin girls and that the girlfriend kicked him out and told him not to come back until he had his act together. He knows all the right things to say to pull at my heart strings. With my husband sitting by my side we look at each other and we agreed, we are not fronting money for a hotel room, we are not wiring money. I instructed him to find the nearest hospital, clinic or police station. With that, he hung up on me.

From there my husband and I spent several hours on the phone with the Santa Cruz Police Department, thank you to Officer Ross and Butler!!!. We also called several hospitals and clinics to check to see if they had see him. I then sent numerous messages on MySpace to anyone on my son's friend list, hoping that someone would know his whereabouts and contact us. So far no response and so far nothing from the police. This morning we contacted the Santa Cruz police department back and made a formal missing persons report. My greatest fear is that he will overdose and die and no one will know that he has family looking for him.

My daughter Shelby, she is truly a God send. She not only tries to ease my worries but worries about her baby brother just as much as I do. She took the time to research all the hospitals and clinics in the area as well as the number for the coroner and then called, unfortunately no one would tell her anything because she wasn't a parent. She truly does care about anyone and everyone in her life.

So here we are........waiting for another phone call.........either from Scott, the police or the coroner. Shelby and I are on pins and needles. We are also worried about the supposed girlfriend and the two new family members we have yet to meet. We want her to know that we consider them a part of the family already.

I hate this waiting and not knowing....I asked God for us to hear from him and we did. Now it is time for God to bring him home to his family. I simply cannot accept any other outcome at this point.

Thank you to all of you who prayed that we would hear from him. Now we need your prayers to bring him home safely.

No comments: